How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RGMacEsq Your Own Question
RGMacEsq, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 17048
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
RGMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My previous business partner is sending bills under my present

Customer Question

My previous business partner is sending bills under my present business name to my patients and upsetting them leading them to leave my practice
He has received and deposited funds falsely
How do I report him and stop him
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. This is a crime. Contact the police to report it, as it's fraud, forgery, identity theft, etc... This is the first thing that I would do, although it's possible the police might say that this is something that you need to take to court on your own, that it's a "civil matter". In a situation where there are victims, such as your patients, as opposed to an issue between you and this guy, they're more likely to get involved, but it's not certain. The reason that I would get the police involved first is that there might be some contractual counterclaims that he could bring up if you were to sue him. I don't know for certain, but it's unlikely that he's doing this in a vacuum. Even though what he's doing is illegal, that doesn't mean that he doesn't have a claim (or at least believes that he has such a claim) to these funds. So even if you sue him, he might still file a counterclaim against you. If you feel that you have a good case for any claim that he could bring against you (and assuming the police don't do anything about it), you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with fraud / business litigation cases. Go to or to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?