Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Counselor at Law.
7286322

I'm made a website called Consumer Top 5 Reporting, bottom

Customer Question

I'm made a website called Consumer Top 5 Reporting, bot***** *****ne, I'm an advertising company giving my take on things on . But I'm really giving people that advertise with me good ratings base on the fact they use my criteria. Question Can I be sued by
other companies, because I did not include them, even though I do not rate them? Can I also be sued by Consumer Report ?
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) You may or may not see a timer on the question. The site is doing some testing, but do not worry, this timer should not get in our way. The question may be answered sooner than the timer ends, or a little after. The timer may reset or it may not. Point is - I will try and make it work for our conversation; and(C) For the sake of clarity I may break my replies into several parts, so there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies. Ergo, until you see me saying "I am ready to be rated," that means I am still working with you and we have not finished yet.No, one cannot be sued by other companies simply for not including them in the review. There is no rule that competitors "must be included." As such, there is no liability simply for not including another company.Consumer Reports is a private company. They can disagree with your reviews but cannot sue if the disagree any more than someone on Youtube who reviews a shampoo can sue another reviewer on Youtube that reviews the same shampoo but has a vastly different review score.I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct.. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.