Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

How much does it costs to have a non profit arm set up to a

small business? What is the...
How much does it costs to have a non profit arm set up to a small business? What is the rrasoning for a non-profit arm?
12/25/2013
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

The filing fees themselves are nominal. Maybe a few hundred dollars or less. The attorney fees are whatever is negotiated between the client and attorney. In other words, there is no set fee. It can range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on the attorney and the time involved.

The reason for anyone setting up a non profit is, typically, to shield the money being used for non profit from income taxation or to allow certain deductions in the reporting of income.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you.

Thank you Loren. need to setup one but don't have thousand of dollars.

Thank you for following up with me.

That is the absolute high end. You can find someone to do it for much less. If you need help finding local counsel, try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:
http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.

I hope this provides clarification.

Thank you.

Loren, Attorney
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "Loren" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-Loren/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please consider rating me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.  
Loren, Attorney