How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi, if a real estate property with mortage is rented and for

This answer was rated:

hi, if a real estate property with mortage is rented and for example the mortgage payment is $1500, and the rent is $1700. Is the $200 difference considered as profit for which taxes need to be paid?.

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : Any rent paid to you is considered rental income, and you have to report it all. However, you are allowed to deduct your mortgage interest and expenses to reduce the tax liability. Here's a good link you can read:
Roger : I see that you've gone offline, so I'm going to step away to help other customers. When you come back online, just make a post and I'll return. Thanks.
Roger and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you