How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im planning to start internet store with merchandise shipping

This answer was rated:

I'm planning to start internet store with merchandise shipping from California. I live both in CA and Nevada, NV does not have state income tax so I file personal taxes here. If I open corporation in NV or other state, do I have to charge CA customers sales tax? Any other ways to have some benefits by incorporating in different state other then CA where goods will be shipped from?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you are shipping from CA to CA residents, you would still have to charge sales tax and the Franchise Tax Board is very strictly following internet sales and they have run off many companies from being in CA. This is why companies like Amazon have sought to move out of CA. If you are in NV and shipping from NV, then it is up to the recipient of the product to claim the purchase and pay sales tax on it, it is not your responsibility.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the prompt respond. How about incorporating, I've heard that Delaware is "corporation friendly" but not sure what is that exactly.

Can I still claim income tax in NV from corporation in different state since I own house in NV and reside 50% of the time

You can do it in NV, NV is very friendly to LLCs and corporations, just as friendly as DE and easier to manager. You should just keep up registering in NV.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you