Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Should I create a seperate LLC to be the Managing Member of

the LLC ? Would I...
Should I create a seperate LLC to be the Managing Member of the LLC ?

Would I have personal liability in the LLC if I become the managing member?

I have personal assets, a house, 401 K, Investments I don't want to risk.

But the only thing I intend to do as managing member is collect on the judgement.

Thanks
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2013
Roger, Attorney

Roger : Hi -
Roger : There's likely little reason to form a second LLC to manager the other LLC.
Roger : If you're the manager, you don't have any personal liability for any actions of the LLC. Your only liability would be if you did something illegal, which is the case no matter what.
Customer:

OK Thanks

Roger : Sure.
Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney