J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.
64316804

I am currently considering signing an agreement with Davison,

I am currently considering signing an agreement with Davison, a company that represents to me the ability to represent me in the development of my current idea. Davison is a company from Pittsburgh, PA. What do you advise me to beware of as I approach this company or potentially an company? What do I look for in the contract? What about patenting, development, marketing and the like?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping and providing you information today.

How exciting that you are developing a product. A few things to review while doing due diligence on a company you will be doing patent/invention work with: First, review it's Better, Business, Bureau report: www.bbb.org/pittsburgh/business-reviews/product-development-and-marketing/davison-design-development-inc-in-pittsburgh-pa-12000782/.

Next do a general google search on the company such as "davison company pittsburgh pa attorney general" or "federal settlement Davison company".

If you are still comfortable using the company then you should have a local attorney review the contract terms as the non-disclosure clause is key if contracting a company to perform work in developing an idea. This clause will help in preventing your idea from being stolen by the company you are working with.

In my opinion you are better off seeking the assistance of a local intellectual property attorney to assist with drafting a contract your present to a business to help develop/manufacture your idea and assist with any patent work. The area of law is very specialized and the consequences of not fully protecting yourself is too great.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.