How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In CA, how does the law treat a partner in a business and joint

This answer was rated:

In CA, how does the law treat a partner in a business and joint signer of checks that uses business funds for personal use without consulting the other partner? 16 times in two months with a maximum of $4,000.
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET the your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

I am sorry to hear that your daughter is having this problem. First it is not a criminal offense. The party owns the business and is a signer on the checking account. A partner is entitled to withdraw funds as a "member's draw" and it is charged as a distribution to that partner and would be so reported on the business tax return. However, it appears that your daughter may want to reconsider being in business with this person and proceed to terminate the partnership since these issues usually only get worse. It is strictly a civil issue between the partners.
lwpat and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions