Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

can i take a civil case off of public records or court records?

is there a way so...
can i take a civil case off of public records or court records? is there a way so no one can see it? thanks
10/12/2013
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you.

Once a civil case has been filed it remains part of the Court record for a lengthy time. Appellate records on civil cases have life spans since the birth of our country. There is no way to purge the public record. Courts can redact portions of the record to eliminate sensitive information. Some Courts as a practice keep a record of cases but they are not accessible online. This is true of Juvenile cases in some jurisdictions.

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Jack R.
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney