Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

How can I get access to the Florida court records for a bu

siness?...
How can I get access to the Florida court records for a bu siness?
10/8/2013
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET the your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

There may not be a central registry for what you are trying to locate. All court records are not available online. Are you trying to find a particular case?

I got a court summon at our old office address and cannot be served. We are about to terminate that company in early 2014. Hence why

This could be a small claim court from Miami Dade. I spoke to the clerk who does not have the paper anymore

Service is required. I am not sure why the clerk would not have the paperwork, that is something that only the clerk can answer. You may have to physically go to the court that issued the summons and complaint to find out. Small claims cases are not available online, only physically at the court. Sorry I could not be of more assistance but only appellate court cases are online. For anything in a lower court you have to contact the court directly.

What if this is a higher court? I don't know for sure.

Since it is your company you would know if it was a higher court since that only happens after there is an actual trial. The summons and complaint will have the court information in the heading but I am not sure from your question whether you actually have received a copy or not. Your information with the Florida Secretary of State should be updated to show the correct address for service of process. Try the Miami Dade county clerk of court at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I am not more physically in the US. A summons got delivered at my old office address. Since I was not there, they did not deliver it. Since we are about to terminate the company, I have not updated the business address. What I don't understand is that we did not get any email ? Is there an online court of records for other court than the small claim court.

You can try this site to see if anything shows in your company's name.

https://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/public-records/search.aspx

There is nothing coming out. To be honest, I am bit desperate. I cannot understand how someone could do this without sending any email to have at least the decency to let us know about it so that we can resolve it.

That is something that I cannot answer. You can retain a company or attorney in Florida to act as your service of process and send the new information to the Secretary of State. Maybe they will see the new information and properly serve you.
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
lwpat
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney