How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 5616
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney helping businesses achieve their legal and practical goals.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former employer acted like a 5 year old when I put in 3

Customer Question

My former employer acted like a 5 year old when I put in 3 weeks notice. I tried to be professional but he seriously put the screws to me. I had offered to return washer and dryer I had purchased threw weekly deduction. But his immaturity has brought me to ask myself do I have to give it back? Can I be arrested ? Or is this a civil issue? I live in tx . I signed a form that very simply stated he was allowed to pull out 40.00 a week. However it only stated that I authorize him to pull out money once a week - nothing else.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

This is indeed a completely civil matter. First the sale (the contract) has been completed and finalized to definite terms, so he'd have no basis to claim it must be returned or the price should be increased. You'd still have to pay the $40 per week for it or you risk being sued in small claims for the balance. Practically, I have no doubt that if you return the items you're not getting your money you already paid back. Personally, I'd keep the items and continue making payments. He close track of your payments so he cannot later claim you failed to pay.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.


I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating; these allow me to continue to serve customers. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.