Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I sent a confidential (email) letter (for intended parties

I sent a confidential (email) letter (for intended parties only) and the vendor sent copies to the insurance company she contracts with (violating my confidentiality) regarding possible legal action against them. She carboned them in a response to me and I asked if she also sent them a copy of my letter to her and she has ignored responding. What can I do? NOT FOR INFOLAWYER, OR PAULMD.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: If you do not have any subpoena, the vendor has no legal obligation to respond to your inquiry. So, the vendor can ignore you until you file lawsuit and subpoena their e-mail records to see if the information was sent against your request.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And what kind of complaint, or violation is involved (also penalty) if they did send a copy of my private letter to them to the other parties? Thank you.

Response: If you are alleging that your privacy was violated, then you need to file lawsuit for the violation--Complaint for Violation of Your Privacy. What you would get in damages for the violation would depend on the evidence presented to the Court as to the violation. There is no pre-determined penalty for the violation. You have to prove your case.