How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Category: Business Law I am setting up a website that provides

This answer was rated:

Category: Business Law
I am setting up a website that provides marketing services for small businesses in all 50 states. I live in Los Angeles County and will of course operate here. I want to create an LLC for the personal asset protection provisions. And would like to do it in Nevada to avoid personal state income tax. It seems that a Nevada LLC is in my best interest. However, I just read about foreign qualifications and wonder if I am required to register in each state via this foreign qualification process. What is the liability (I have little assets now) if I operate as a sole proprietor, then switch to an LLC after having proven my business model and made some money? In the future, I would also like to hold my assets in another legal entity to further protect them but am not sure what is best. Thank you!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

Will you be providing any physical services to the customers in the foreign states, or are all your services done over the internet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

all services are via internet. no physical services.

I'm sorry. We experts are actually remote users to and do not have any control over the technical side of the website, but I will be sure to report your difficulties to customer service for addressing.

If you are only providing services over the internet, you do not have to incorporate in every state. Incorporation in Nevada is a great idea. You should remember though that you have to actually have an office location there. You can hire someone to act as your office and continue working from California, but this will be a necessary expense to get a Nevada charter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. Can it be just an address and a PO Box? Does the person need to be full-time? how do most people handle this and find people to handle this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks but can you clarify your answer? thanks!

Sorry for the delay in response.

No, it cannot be a PO Box, it must be a physical address. There are various services which will act as your office location for you.

Here is a website of a company that provides these sort of services:

If you do not acquire these elements (physical location in Nevada and telephone number in Nevada), then you cannot incorporate in Nevada.

TexLaw and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much. Good luck to you!