How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a semi diesel truck repair shop in Fulton County (Atlanta,

This answer was rated:

I have a semi diesel truck repair shop in Fulton County (Atlanta, Georgia). I had a customer to send one of her drivers in to get repairs on one of her trucks. Her bill was around 3000. She paid 1/2 of the bill with a comcheck and 1/2 of the bill with credit card. A few weeks later, she denied the charges on her credit card bill and said they were fraudulent. I did not get a signature from her once she paid by credit card (over the phone).

I would like get title to the truck. What can I do to get title. I cant file an abandoned vehicle because they took the truck. I want to do more than just a mechanic's lien.

Also, I know I can do go to small claim court but my shop is Fulton County but the owner is out of Fairfax Iowa, however, she has an address she is working out of in Cobb county but she is not listed with the Secretary of State as a foreign Company. Her company is incorporated. How will I deal with service on that issue?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You are going to have to file civil suit against her where she is located I am afraid in order to get a court judgment against her company before you can take any action. You need to find out where she is incorporated, because that is where you will have to sue her in order to get personal jurisdiction over the company and then be able to seek a judgment lien against the vehicle for the non-payment.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you