How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elizabeth Prentice Your Own Question
Elizabeth Prentice
Elizabeth Prentice, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 174
Experience:  Legal counsel for multitude of businesses; Business Law Professor; Experience as In-House Counsel
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Elizabeth Prentice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi! Could you tell me how set up a S Corp in PA? I have

This answer was rated:


Could you tell me how set up a S Corp in PA?
I have already checked a name availability in PA. But I am not sure what is next step.
1) How could I get EIN#?
2) I have to report to IRS or State?
3) Charter of Article??

Thanks so much.
I am an attorney and I would be happy to help you.

1) First, you must prepare your company's Articles of Corporation and set up the business. PA now allows you to register your business online. You can find the forms to complete by mail here:
Or you can register online here:
Follow the instructions and call their help desk if you have questions regarding either option t register your business.

2) You must obtain a FEIN, also referred to as an EIN, from the social Security Administration, as well as register with the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. To apply for a FEIN, you must complete the Application for Employer Identification Number (Form SS-4). Most taxpayers can apply for a FEIN online.
You may find the IRS instructions and forms here:
You will find the PA forms here:

3) Next you may set up your bank account using your new tax numbers.

4) If you have more than just you involved in your company (such as partners), I always recommend preparing an Operating Agreement. However, you should hire a local attorney to prepare one for you.

5) Lastly, don't forget to register for your local business license. Special State Business Licenses and permits are here:
Otherwise you will need to check with your local city or county to see if they require one. This will vary. Every business is different, and therefore compliance and registration requirements may differ. For information on identifying state registration requirements, contact the Center for Entrepreneurial Assistance at the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) at 1-800-280-3801 or(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I hope my answer has assisted you and that you will leave me a positive rating!
Elizabeth Prentice and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions