Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I have a Nevada LLC, and I want to make it a Wyoming LLC. what

Customer Question

I have a Nevada LLC, and I want to make it a Wyoming LLC. what are the steps in the process, and what paperwork will I have to file in wyoming? this LLC will be conducting business in arizona

Also do the vehicles held in the LLC have to be registered in Wyoming, or Arizona, or do I have a choice. please cite any sources for your answer
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please allow me to assist you this evening.

Will you be transferring your Nevada LLC to Wyoming or will you also keep it open in Nevada?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no I want to make it a domestic Wyoming LLC

Thank you for your patience, Brandon.

The first step for you would be to file "Articles of Domestication" in Wyoming. This will transfer your corporation into their state. Make sure to do a name search to ensure that the name you wish to use is not reserved. There is a $100 fee for this filing. Here is the form:
http://soswy.state.wy.us/Forms/Business/FPROF/FP-ArticlesDomestication.pdf

The next step is to file "Articles of Dissolution" in Nevada. There is also a $100 fee. This will formally terminate the presence of your corporation in Nevada. Here is the application:
http://nvsos.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=988

As for where you need to have the vehicles licensed, what governs is where they remain for the majority of time. If you have an office in Arizona, and you conduct business there, then the trucks are registered out of Arizona. Otherwise the DMV can consider it insurance fraud and potentially cite you if they keep seeing your vehicles in Arizona but they are licensed out of Wyoming.

Good luck.