How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RGMacEsq Your Own Question
RGMacEsq, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 17074
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
RGMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a subchapter S corp in Texas. I am moving to Ohio. Can

This answer was rated:

I have a subchapter S corp in Texas. I am moving to Ohio. Can I keep my subchapter S in Texas or must I move it or start a new one in Ohio?

RGMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

RGMacEsq :

You can absolutely keep it in Texas, but note that you're going to have to maintain an agent for service of process, and continue to pay the franchise taxes, etc... in Texas. But owning a corporation in Texas does not require that all (or any) of the shareholders, directors, etc... actually reside in Texas. You just need an agent in Texas for service of process.

RGMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate this answer either a 3, 4, or 5 (good or better). Please note that I do not get any credit for this answer unless and until you rate it that way. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

RGMacEsq and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you