How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 34076
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I had an LLC that no longer exists that owes the State of

This answer was rated:

If I had an LLC that no longer exists that owes the State of Colorado $931.00 can they come after my personal income since I am back to having a regular job to collect?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

What is the origin of the debt?

How old is the debt?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

State of Colorado Dept. of Revenue.

Tax year 2011

What is the debt for? Is it payroll taxes?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Taxes for the LLC we had no employees. So business tax I guess.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Corporate income tax is what is on the letter from the State of Colorado.

Thank you for the additional information.

Typically, you would not have personal liability for annual franchise taxes for the LLC. The Department of Revenue could only look to LLC assets for payment of that debt.

There is an exception for payroll taxes at a federal level when you do not have a corporate tax election, but I do not get the impression that is applicable here.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information. I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you. I am here for you.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Loren and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):


Best wishes and good luck to you.


If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.