How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116705
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How Do I

Customer Question

How Do I Remove A Businesses Self Review And Conflict Of Interest? 4x4 Land of Topeka posted slanderous comments in its self review by owner Mike Starkbaum. My wife Jenifer, I and many others have flagged that review as a conflict of interest over the past several months with no change.
Submitted: 3 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If he will not remove the slander/libel statement the party against whom the statement is made can file a civil suit against the company owner and seek not only damages but if they prove the statement was known false then you can also get an injunction to force the website to remove the comment.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks but I need specifics on how to deal with Google Reviews. There is no way to contact them concerning this matter other than flagging the post. I am looking for someone experienced in dealing with Google directly and how to do so. I have already sent a complaint to the AG and filed with the BBB. I think maybe I need a "Google" expert.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your response.

One way to deal with third party google reviews made by individuals, before google will remove them you must sue the individual who made the review and prove that the review is false or not factual.

Second, there are services such as or or which will work with customers and google to remove fake or false reviews. These services do the same as I stated above, they first have to identify the source of the false review and then they put together actual documentation that the source or the claim is false and submit their findings to google customer support who will evaluate the findings for complete removal.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to another pay site to get legal help is NOT what I am looking for. Im looking for the way to deal with Google such as contact info other than overseas blah blah blah answers. have a nice day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks anyway. i can do what you are doing.. Need google specific contact info and or procedures.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I needed a Google expert not a lawyer. Google provided help number and i used that. Please stop sending me questionnaires and or remove any charges if any have been applied