Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

This is a continuation of yesterdays question. We are thinking

of winding down a non-profit...
This is a continuation of yesterdays question. We are thinking of winding down a non-profit and start inc as a LLC. Can my wife who is on active duty be an adviser in the LLC?. the LLC will give FREE services to military families and also charge for some services to the DOD. In a non-profit can we bill for our services to the DOD
7/31/2013
Thank you for your new question.

Yes, your wife on active duty can be an advisor to the LLC. As far as billing the DOD, that is up to the DOD as to whether or not they are willing to contract with you to provide services and in that case you have to disclose she is an advisor to the LLC as she would be a military member and the military is likely to consider this a potential conflict of interest which they would have to evaluate (and they do on a case by case basis).

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney