How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116727
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This organization was formed in Indianpolis - where all corporations

Customer Question

This organization was formed in Indianpolis - where all corporations are formed in Indiana. The members of the board of Trustees are in Whitley County Indiana. The law suit (divorce) that caused the loss is Salem or Washington County, Indiana.

What court could a suit be brought in? What jurisdiction?

Does do anything to help find an attorney to handle the case?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for asking for me.

You would have to sue in the jurisdiction where the defendant is located as that is the court with the jurisdiction over them. It would be brought in the Superior Court in Whitley County if that is where the corporation is physically located.

I am afraid that the rules of this site forbid us from making personal referrals and all we can do is suggest the same sites used by other attorneys or or

You would be looking for a corporate law attorney to pursue this type of case and you may have to look in some of the larger cities close by to find one who has the knowledge to take this on.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Related Business Law Questions