How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Final order regarding child support and visitation is getting

This answer was rated:

Final order regarding child support and visitation is getting ready to be written by the Judge. My ex neglected to include that she will be getting a disability income from the VA as she has just retired from the military. She has only listed her military pension on her financial declaration sheet.
The VA is still evaluating her claim. However, she has been diagnosed with Sleep apnea which is an automatic 50% disability.
She will be getting on top of her military pension ($3600) a disability check at least for $2,000, probably more.

My questions are:
1. If she failed to disclose this future income in the Final Order, should I file an appeal to have it included in the final order as the money will be paid retroactive to July 2013. (Average claim time is about 1.5 years)? If not an appeal, what should I file?

2. Should I let the final order go into effect and take it up as a child support issue when I know the amount she is getting paid as a disability? Would I be able to file to get back the extra money I paid due to the fact she was paid retroactively?

Any suggestions would help, thanks.
Thank you for our question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You should file an objection to the final order and include your information and proof that she will be receiving this income and it was not disclosed to the court to make its decision.

You should file the objection to the order because it is easier to do this than it is to later file a motion to vacate the order based on her failure to disclose the information to the court.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will this be an issue of contempt?

If the Judge declines what is the next step?

Yes, it would be contempt of court. The court has sole discretion on issuing a contempt citation and if they refuse to do so there is legally nothing you can do to force them. It is unlawful to fail to disclose and it is misrepresentation to the court.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, Sir. I always appreciate your direct answers and professionalism.

Thank you.

Related Business Law Questions