Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

For Lucy only Should the order granting Plaintiff attorneys

For Lucy only Should the order...
For Lucy only

Should the order granting Plaintiff attorney's fees be part of the notice of appeal ?
7/8/2013
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

If that is one of the things you are appealing, and I believe it is, then yes.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX asking because the attorney's fee case is a case by itself, as I read, and the lower court has kept jurisdiction on the issue, and the "trial labor" is still going on with now an evidentiary hearing by the end of September, so an emergency form of appeal may be more adequate, even though I can appeal on the order taxing the amount of attorney's fees that will come up in September ?

I'm sorry. I thought you meant that the judge had already issued his final decision on that. If it's ongoing, then the original order can be appealed, with the appeal stayed pending a decision on the motion to reconsider.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Lucy, Esq., Attorney