How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118688
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I had a construction company; a Sub Corp. I

This answer was rated:

My husband and I had a construction company; a Sub Corp. I did not know there were Shareholder benefits given as he did not allow me access to the filing. I now know that he had given benefits during the dissolution filing married joint without my knowledge or signature on the taxes file. I see that the KS & K1 amounts were huge. These are shown written to me; I never saw a penny. I don't know how to find out if the benefit was monetary or not. I know where he would have cashed the checks as he had made forged mortgages at a local bank. I have questions in to a Criminal attorney on this matter. How do I find out about the Shareholder benefits shown in the taxes he filed?
Thank you for this new question.

If you had a Sub S corporation any profits or losses were filed on your personal taxes unless your corporation elected to be taxed like a C-corp. If he has filed false returns, you have to file a complaint with the IRS and seek innocent spouse protection by filing the innocent spouse form.

Also, for any money he took from the business that you were entitled to a share of, you would have to file a separate suit against him as a co-owner for breach of duty and seek to recover the money through the courts.


Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you