Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

Can an LLC have more than one class of units, similar to classes

Can an LLC have more than one class of units, similar to classes of stock in corporation?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good evening. Yes, that's one of the advantages of an LLC...it's flexibility. Ownership units and classes are determined not be stock certificates as in corporations, but rather described and defined in the LLC's operating agreement. In that operating agreement, the LLC can provide for as many classes of ownership units as necessary and also has the right to provide for preferential allocations of both profits and losses and distributions of cash.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/