How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This question is procedural regarding writing of a draft ORDER

This answer was rated:

This question is procedural regarding writing of a draft ORDER for Florida civil court. In preparing a pro se motion for the court in our FLORIDA case matter, or rather it is a "Notice of Objection to Hearing" (due to opposing counsel having scheduled an upcoming hearing on her motion prematurely/improperly - i.e. during the timeframe granted for us to obtain new counsel in our case whereby the timeframe has not expired).


1. Is a draft ORDER required to be attached to our Notice of Objection?


2. If so, should the ORDER be headlined as ORDER CANCELING PLAINTIFF'S HEARING or: ORDER GRANTING REQUEST TO CANCEL PLAINTIFF'S HEARING in other words -- what would be the judicially appropriate title?

Attorney William B. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. Submission of a proposed order is generally not required. If you do wish to submit an order to accompany your opposition, you will need to draft it so that it can address the full scope of the relief you are requesting. The reason parties will draft a proposed order is that they want to give the Judge an easy way to simply sign a document that they have already prepared and they believe is in their own best light with regard to the motion (it is always best to draft your own order if the Court will allow you to, but given the type of motion you are working on this is a fairly straightforward issue with little to no deep legal analysis - the court gave you more time to find an attorney and the Plaintiff went ahead and scheduled a motion to be heard during this time knowing you could not appear as a corporation without one). One proposed title for your order could be "Order continuing hearing on Plaintiff's Motion for ..."

Remember, proposed orders are "lodged" with the Court and not filed. The clerk's office can assist you with the difference. It is still served on the other side, it just does not become part of the Court record to avoid confusion.

CalAttorney2 and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Dear Customer,
Thank you for the kind rating, it is greatly appreciated. I wish you the best of luck with this matter. If you have further questions regarding this type of issue, or any other legal matter, please do not hesitate to use our service in the future. You may post a question for any of our experts in general, or to me directly by titling your question “To CalAttorney 2…”
Best wishes, and thank you,