How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10607
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, What is the best way to open a IT small business

This answer was rated:


What is the best way to open a IT small business company in USA and offshore development company in Asia i mean if USA will be headquarters then do we need to register first in USA then open an offshore company , how about if the owner in USA company is different than owner in Asia offshore company, is this possible? how the two companies (USA and offshore) will be attached as onsite and offshore company?

Thanks for your input and help!!


bizlaw :

Hello, I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for. If the two companies will have different owners how will they be related to one another. What function does the US company have and what function does the offshore company have? Is there a reason they would have different owners rather than both being owned by the two people?




Actually if someone want to open a company in USA and he don't to travel offshore to open an offshore company rather his friend can open a offshore company Is this possible?


As i mentioned it is a IT information technology company and offshore is the development center

I could not see your response so I had to switch out of chat. Could you answer my questions?
Did you see my response?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i have answered your question. only because of travel constraint instead someone would like to open the company in offshore

Is this possible

If the goal is to have a parent subsidiary relationship then you can achieve that result even if initially the two companies are formed by different persons. You would open a company in the US. You could do it as a corporation or an LLC. You could then form a company in India. If you want to make the US company the parent, you would then have the owner of the shares of the inidan company transfer all his stock in the Indian company to the US company in exchange for the shares in the US company. If the friend is not to own any shares, then you could purchase the shares in the newly formed Indian company at small cost and that way owner of the US company will be the 100% owner of the US company and the US company.


If I have answered all your questions, please rate my answer excellent as that is how I am compensated. If you have more questions, please let me know. If my answer was particularly helpful you can pay a bonus.

Richard - Bizlaw and 6 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi I was just following up to see how you made out. If you have any additional questions or I can help on a different topic let me know.


Related Business Law Questions