Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

If the company does name the corporation staff member who placed

If the company does name the corporation staff member who placed orders on behalf of the corporation as a "defendant" (the amount in dispute would make this a small claims matter) is there Florida law that could be stated in answering such a suit to show that the staff member has no legal liability?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Hi there and thanks for following up. I'm sorry I'm just now responding, but I only just now saw your question. The following Florida statute prevents you from having liability:

621.07 Liability of officers, agents, employees, shareholders, members, and corporation or limited liability company.—Nothing contained in this act shall be interpreted to abolish, repeal, modify, restrict, or limit the law now in effect in this state applicable to the professional relationship and liabilities between the person furnishing the professional services and the person receiving such professional service and to the standards for professional conduct; provided, however, that any officer, agent, member, manager, or employee of a corporation or limited liability company organized under this act shall be personally liable and accountable only for negligent or wrongful acts or misconduct committed by that person, or by any person under that person’s direct supervision and control, while rendering professional service on behalf of the corporation or limited liability company to the person for whom such professional services were being rendered; and provided further that the personal liability of shareholders of a corporation, or members of a limited liability company, organized under this act, in their capacity as shareholders or members of such corporation or limited liability company, shall be no greater in any aspect than that of a shareholder-employee of a corporation organized under chapter 607 or a member-employee of a limited liability company organized under chapter 608. The corporation or limited liability company shall be liable up to the full value of its property for any negligent or wrongful acts or misconduct committed by any of its officers, agents, members, managers, or employees while they are engaged on behalf of the corporation or limited liability company in the rendering of professional services.
Thank you again for the positive rating! It is very much appreciated!!
Thank you for the positive rating! I truly appreciate that!