Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Hello, the update on us.. supreme court denied our case.

Hello, the update on us....
the update on us.. supreme court denied our case.
we have another case in superior in regards XXXXX XXXXX the work we have done to the house and they did not acknowledge as payment, but they needed to do the repairs, the value is over 50K.
we need to ask for an extension for discovery, so we have more time to gather all the paperwork we need. how do we ask for an extension. what is the proper format?
7/2/2013

Thank you for your update.

The extension is filed by filing a Motion for Extension of Discovery. The motion form is the standard form used in court for all motions and pleadings, with the court heading, case name/case number. You title your document Motion for Extension of Discovery and you explain in your motion that you are asking the court for X days (60 is usually the most they will give unless depositions need to be taken and then they will consider 90 or even 120 days depending on the number of depositions) and explain your good cause, such as you have been making reasonable effort to gather receipts and documents and you are at the mercy of third parties as far as getting those documents. You file the motion with the clerk of court and send the other party's attorney a copy.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney