How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is providing a monthly service to a company that

This answer was rated:

My friend is providing a monthly service to a company that pays his company for providing the service, he has provided them with his IRS EIN NUMBER and the his company name attached to this EIN Number, He would like for them to change his company name and EIN Number for building and Tax Purposes.

He has another / new company name and EIN Number that he wants to give to the company he is providing the service to, can he call them an tell them that he has another EIN Number and another company Name he would like to use instead of the original one that they have have had on file since January 2013.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That is a good question. The EIN that is on file, is that for the same company that is providing the service? Or is this a different entity? Is your friend self-incorporated and that is who is being paid via the EIN records?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes now he has formed a company under a different name and EIN Nymber and he wants the company that is paying him to pay him under the new name and new EIN number.


Thank you for your follow-up. That is not an issue for most companies. The new company would simply be considered a 'third party beneficiary' of the payments, and so long as the service and the terms provided remain the same, something that your friend could assure them in writing, the change is neither significant nor material. The other party should not have any issues with such a relationship.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions