Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Hi, I recently opened an LLC for sports management with sole

Customer Question
ownership. I want to sponsor...
Hi, I recently opened an LLC for sports management with sole ownership. I want to sponsor a Golfer for 1 year including his travel and tournament fee. I need your help in drafting a contract stating any winnings from tournaments will cover the cost/investment first and anything after that will be split 50/50. I also need help with provisions that his future sponsors and any other sports management company willing to buy out the contract has to negotiate solely with my LLC. Please advice.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Business Law
7/1/2013
Business Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 4 years ago
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Please understand that I cannot personally draft this document for you. While I can suggest some language or some clauses, anything beyond that would violate site rules as it may be considered potential representation. Would that suffice?

Thanks for your response. Sure, that will help. Will you be able to recommend someone who can draft something like this in Florida? If not, based on your advice if I create a document, will you be able to help review it?

Thanks again,

Maneesh

Maneesh,

A I said I personally cannot review it--that would violate site rules on representation. I can suggest sections or conditions, or I can review parts of the agreement if needed, but I cannot review the whole document.

There are services available where you can retain counsel to do it for you, but you are looking at costs of $1,500-$2,500 at the least. If you wish to go that route then consider browsing the listings at www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com for local highly rated counsel that may assist you. Otherwise I look forward to your questions and your specific concerns.

Sounds good Dimitry. Let me send the specific sections across to you. Thanks.

Sounds great, I look forward to reviewing them for you.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney