How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I talked to PaulMJD about signing Contract in Hong Kong

This answer was rated:

I talked to PaulMJD about signing Contract in Hong Kong related to HKMA rules. He gave me the answer that seller does not need to sign infront of Banker or Lawyer's office unless we need the contract notarized. I just want to get your expert opinion on this. Buyer try to get us to sign infront of their lawyer and try to get important document from seller up front that's why we need to find out. It is about Gold deal in Hong Kong.
Thank you for coming back.

What information is the buyer trying to get from the seller?

Is it information the seller is supposed to disclose to the buyer regarding the investment transaction?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is SKR that usually given after the proof up has been done by both side bankers but buyer's lawyer wants to have it now.

Thank you for your response. You would need to inform the buyer that it would not be surrendered until they prove up and you really need to get your own lawyer there to handle your side of the transaction.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you