How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lawsuit is in CA suing a Delaware corp. I served the registered

This answer was rated:

Lawsuit is in CA suing a Delaware corp. I served the registered agent via certified mail with return receipt. I want to argue that once the agent is served I'm not responsible if defendant doesn't have an updated address and does not receive papers. Which law regarding this issue applies? CA or DE, or both?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

In this instance California law would govern because the suit is taking place in California. That is what governs, not where the corp is located at but which state will be hearing this case since they will use their own laws to evaluate.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you