How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and I have a cleaning company it is a S corportation,

This answer was rated:

My daughter and I have a cleaning company it is a S corportation, now she is moving away and we want to remove her name from the business. How do we go about this?

Thank you for your question.

Is your daughter listed on any documents that have been filed with the state?

If so, what documents are those?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I filed for license, for the all the paper work but yes she is listed as a share owned or holder.

Thank you for your response.

This is actually going to be quite simple. All you need is to have her sign a Stock Transfer Agreement, which assigns you her shares -

Then you would file an amended articles of incorporation with the state taking her name out.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
TexLaw and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you