How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our corp. sued Co A in small claims and received a judgment

This answer was rated:

Our corp. sued Co A in small claims and received a judgment (Contra Costa County in California). Co.A paid 50% of judgment and has not paid the 50% balance. Can our corp. sue personally an executive (owner) in small claims court for the balance of the judgment in that the executive personally guaranteed obligations of Co.A when Co.A established credit with our company?
Just to clarify, did the executive sign the guarantee agreement with your company?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, he signed a "personal guarantee" section of our credit application in addition to signing for the company.

Thank you.

First you need to submit the amount to him and request that he pay it under his personal guarantee. If he refuses to pay it, then you may sue him under the guarantee agreement.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have already submitted two requests for payment under the personal guarantee with no response. As you indicate, we will file against him personally in small claims court.

Thanks for your assistance.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
TexLaw and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you