How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years practicing law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should a person do if he gets calls from from a party

This answer was rated:

What should a person do if he gets calls from from a party a judge ordered to not have any communication with regarding a criminal case, the complainant calls coming from different numbers each time.
Dear JACUSTOMER - My suggestion is to call the court bailiff for the judge who issued the order and report the phone calls. You also should hang up when the calls come in and not speak to the individual. You can't help it if the person calls but you certainly do not have to talk.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
At the time I went to the police station that the original complaint was filed in to report the calls but I was told to just ignore it, they didn't allow me to make the report.
I understand. That is probably because it was not a law that was being violated but rather, a court order. So the only one who can enforce the court order is the judge who issued it and that is why I suggested that you contact the judge's office and speak to the bailiff. The police are not required to file a report, especially when no law was being violated.
Dave Kennett and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you