How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 55608
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have ccard debt in FL never paid on that subject

This answer was rated:

i have ccard debt in FL never paid on that subject to criminal prosecution.
Can I be deported from UAE to US because of that.I am Macedonian citizen currently in Dubai.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Hi there. First, this is not a criminal issue; rather, it is a civil issue and you have no risk of criminal prosecution for this. Second, you no longer owe the debt. Pursuant to Fla. Stat. Ann. § 95.011 et. seq., the statute of limitations on a credit card debt is 4 years. Beyond that period, the statute of limitations gives you an absolute defense to any obligation to pay this debt. If any collection agency contacts you regarding this, send them a certified, return receipt requested letter explaining that statute of limitations has run, that as a result you no longer owe this debt and demand they immediately cease and desist all further efforts to contact you and/or anyone else to collect this debt. Inform them that any efforts to do otherwise will constitute a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and that you will report each and every violation to the Federal Trade Commission. Each violation carries at least a $1,000 fine, so that should be the end of things for you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As I remember it was card with secure limit of 500 $ but overdrafted

to approx 3500 $.How the bank agrees to honor the transactions.

Is any risk of fraud case.What in that case?Ban to enter US,tracked


Thanks so much for your clarification. No, you need not worry! Any statute of limitations under any claim that could have been filed against you as run and so at this point, you would have a defense against any possible claims...fraud or otherwise.
Richard and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!
Thank you also for the generous bonus! I truly appreciate your kindness!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What if the bank win in absentia?
What is SOL on judgements?
Can they track worldwide my funds?
Can I re-open the lawsuit?
They have to be able to serve you with the summons. The SOL on a Florida judgment is 20 years. They conceivably could, but they will not. You would be able to appeal.