Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

In a civil lawsuit, during the discoveries, do I have the right

In a civil lawsuit, during the discoveries, do I have the right to ask Plaintiff to produce his contract with his attorney or is it privileged information ?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Most courts have ruled that retainer agreements are not privileged in civil litigation and are discoverable. This is especially true here a third party is paying the legal fees. There are some holdings in which federal work product doctrine has been applied to quash production, but it is most often held to be discoverable.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw