Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
19305272

We made a personal loan to our accountant, and it has expired.

We made a personal loan to our accountant, and it has expired. He is not able to pay the money back as yet, how do I reissue a note for this same loan?

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

You can just grant an extension of the note rather than a new note. Here is a link to an example. It can be very simple and just needs to reference the original loan, the original due date, the new due date, etc.

TMcJD :

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/29289346/Promissory-Note-Extension-Agreement

TMcJD :

Please let me know if I can provide additional assistance. If not, I would be grateful if you could please leave me a positive rating. I cannot receive credit for my work without your positive rating and that is the sole means of compensation for JustAnswer experts. Thanks.