Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
19305272

If on a business site they state they will respond within 24

If on a business site they state they will respond within 24 hours and you have emailed them on the 7th, 10th, 17, and now today to not get any for m of response could you sue for false advertising or something?

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

Customer: Not a problem
TMcJD :

Unfortunately, no. For you to have the ability to sue for an unfair or deceptive trade practice (such as false advertising) you have to have completed a consumer transaction with the company (such as the purchase of a consumer product or service).

Customer:

This is movinghelp.com i have a moving company that signed up with them to receive work via 3rd party. They terminated my access and have yer to fix or give me reason why. I did not break the contract in any way.

Customer:

yet to*

TMcJD :

That changes the context completely. It's a commercial transaction, not a consumer one. Thus, you couldn't sue for false advertising. However, you may have a claim for breach of contract if they made a contractual promise to respond within the time period. However, they will likely state they terminated the contract and have no continuing liability. You would have to then show that they couldn't legally terminate the contract.

Customer:

email of notification of termination states i can email back to dispute and will receive response as to if they will or will not reinstate but do not have to give reasoning...

Customer:

(generic email)

TMcJD :

It will all depend on the contract you have with them (as to whether they could terminate it and, thus, whether you have any claim for breach of contract).

Customer:

kk and since they will not give explanation as to why how do i go about figuring that out?

TMcJD :

You really have no legal way to determine the cause for termination if the contract allows them to cancel or terminate the contract without cause. If the contract only allows termination for cause, then they would have to have a legally justifiable reason or they would be in breach of contract. Again, it comes down to what the contract allows in the way of terimination.