How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 55703
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

small business credit card dispute I am the merchant and a

This answer was rated:

small business credit card dispute I am the merchant and a dentist is the card holder ,he is disputing the charges for the last 3 months because we put a price increase in 1/1 /13. there has been a large charge back and hold on our account. the dentist at this time has dropped the claim against us but the credit card company still wont drop it.what recourse do we have to end this dispute and have the credit card company stop the harrassment
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. If neither party will take the steps necessary to resolve this voluntarily, you will want to file suit against them....naming both of them as get the leverage you need. In the end, the dentist owes the bill, but the suit naming both of them will cause them to stop avoiding payment by blaming the other party. Once the suit is filed and a judgment awarded, you become a judgment creditor, and if the losing party doesn’t then pay the judgment, you can have the sheriff serve a summons on the losing party for a debtor examination. That forces the losing party to meet the judgment creditor in court and answer questions under oath about the losing party's assets. After that information is obtained, the judgment creditor has the power to attach bank accounts, have the sheriff seize other personal property, and/or place liens on any non-homestead property to satisfy the judgment.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

to get the credit card company to release the hold on my account ,you say I need to file suit against both the dentist and the credit card company

Thanks so much for following up. That's what I would do.....all you're going to need to do is file the's not going to go beyond that. But, you are owed the money and in the end it's the dentist that owes the money. But, he'll blame the credit card company and the credit card company will blame the dentist for not authorizing the release. Thus, they point fingers at each other while you don't get paid. Filing the suit will put an end to that. If you want you can send a letter by certified mail, addressed to both of them, giving them a very short specified period of time to resolve this before you file suit. That may solve the problem without the suit.
Richard and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!