How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 33030
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying for payroll and the company I am working with

This answer was rated:

I am applying for payroll and the company I am working with needs proof of EIN and proof of state ID. How do I get these?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

You can get an EIN online by filling out an online application starting at the following link:

The State ID would be obtained by contacting your state department of revenue.

It has been my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further assistance.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I contact the state department of revenue in California?

Thank you for following up with me.

Go to the following link to get a California ID:

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I may have misphrased this. I already have an EIN and a state ID. I just need to present proof.

Then you should have confirmation letters from the appropriate agencies when the numbers were issued. Also, any prior tax returns would have the numbers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have the confirmation letters. How do I get them?

Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(NNN) NNN-NNNN The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.

They will send you confirmation if you ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What about the state of California?

Call the California EDD using the contact number in the link I previously provided.

Thank you.

Loren and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you and the generous bonus. Let me know if you need more help. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name - JudgeLaw

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.