How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

so for the articles of incorporation, i have been asked to

This answer was rated:

so for the articles of incorporation, i have been asked to serve as an 'agent' for the business of the owner/creator of the company who has the criminal record. what would be my legal obligations ?

Kirk Adams :

Hi - thanks for looking me up today!

Kirk Adams :

Being the registered agent is a fairly simple position, and doesn't require much, and in no way makes you personally liable for anything.

Kirk Adams :

A registered agent is the agent for service of process, which means that IF the company is sued, you are the person designated by the company to be delivered the lawsuit/summons.

Kirk Adams :

Usually, the attorney that sets up the company will designated as the registered agent, BUT that is not required - - it can be any adult person who is willing to accept process and notify the company that it has been sued.

Roger and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your time today.

No problem - glad to help!

Please let me know if you need anything further.