Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am plaintiff, superior court, civil, massachusetts I am

I am plaintiff, superior court, civil, massachusetts

I am pro se and have been called to my first appearance; motion to dismiss and status conference. Can I hand the judge a 2-3 page powerpoint outline to follow my argument? How much time will I have? This case is all about documents where the devil is in the detail. Will he have read the 9A package beforehand? I plan to address only the key points orally. Can I refer the judge to exhibits?
Thank you for your question I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you were served a motion to dismiss under 9a, you must file a written objection to the motion to dismiss and explain your reasons in that motion as to why the case should not be dismissed. The judge will not review any powerpoint presentations I am afraid, only the motion to dismiss and your written objection to the motion. You can attach your documentary evidence to the objection as exhibits to support your grounds why the case should not be dismissed and that is how you refer the judge to your exhibits.

He will have read the motion to dismiss and your objection if you file it. Generally, these conferences last only 15 minutes or less, so this is why you must submit your written objection because a judge is not going to give you much time for orally arguing your points.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”