Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Is the founded date of an organization the same as active in

the IRS? Be cause a...
Is the founded date of an organization the same as active in the IRS? Be cause a company said it was founded on 2004 but the IRS information activation was in 2007.
5/12/2013
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Hello and thanks fr submitting this question. The "founded" of any corporation is the date that it's articles of incorporation are approved and the certificate of incorporation is issued by the Secretary of State of the state of its incorporation. If CA is the state of incorporation, you can get that information on line from the CA Secretary of State's website. The IRS active date can mean any number of things other than the incorporation/founding date.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney