How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

QUESTION TO ZDN LAW ONLY Hello, I have a new question

This answer was rated:



I have a new question for you... The judge has issued an order wuth a clerical mistake. The first name of the Plaintiff is wrong in the caption, so I have a new opponent now... ( kidding). Can I file a 1.540 (a) motion (FL) ? You may tell me this mistake is not important, why bother, but I have a very good reason for that, just don't want to complicate here....

Thank you for your question.

Is this the first time that the caption was wrong, or has the Plaintiff been using an incorrect caption from the beginning?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, the caption of the Plaintiff was always OK, he actually filed a new motion after with his correct captio, this is an order of the judge who did the mistake ( one more... )

Then you are exactly right. It would be a Motion for Correction of Order under Rule 1.540.
TexLaw and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions