Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Hi there, I am filling out a form asking for my companys

Hi there, I am filling out...
Hi there,

I am filling out a form asking for my company's LLC types. Options are (C corp., S corp., and Partnership.) My company is registered as a disregarded entity, none of the above. So my question is "does a disregarded entity equivalent to one of the options, or do I miss anything there?

Please only answer if you think you have a clear answer to me.

Thanks!
5/2/2013
BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

What kind of form are you filing?

Customer: 1099-K Tax Document Interview
BizIPEsq. :

Let me review the form

BizIPEsq. :

are you a sole proprietor or are you in fact an LLC?

Customer:

LLC

BizIPEsq. :

generally as an LLC you would be filing as a partnership which is a disregarded entity. A disregarded entity is one that does not pay taxes rather the profits are passed through to the members (i.e. you) and the member pays the tax.

BizIPEsq. :

therefore indicate partnership

BizIPEsq. :

I trust this was clear

Customer:

Awesome! Thank you!!!

BizIPEsq. :

you're welcome. Please rate my answer.

BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney