Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

In CT if I have a remodeling company that is a c corp. that

In CT if I have a remodeling company that is a c corp. that operates as a dba, can I just name the dba on a contract or do I have to name the c corp. & the dba?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. You want any contracts you enter into to be entered into as follows: [Legal name of Corporation] d/b/a [Assumed Name of Corporation].

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So is just the dba name illegal &/or not binding?

Thanks so much for following up. The d/b/a is to give the general public "deemed notice" of the actual name of the entity with which it is dealing and that the entity is in fact a limited liability entity. But, when you enter into a formal contract, you must use the formal name of the party entering into the contract to insure that it be recognized as a legally binding contractual agreement.
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!