MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

If I want to file a libel suit, pro se, against someone who

If I want to file a libel suit, pro se, against someone who lives in Los Angeles, 90041, in which court should it be filed ? I live in Oregon and the suit would be due to libelous "feedback" that the defendant left for me on eBay.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you.

If their address is in Los Angeles county, you would want to file suit in Los Angeles county. It would most likely be a small claims case in which case you would want to file it in small claims court. Here is the link to the LA Superior Court:

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/smallclaims/ui/

You can find the forms on that site.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with you. My goal is to ensure that your question has been satisfactorily answered.