How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BizIPEsq. Your Own Question
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 996
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
BizIPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My status currently is F-1. I wanna open a small shop in

This answer was rated:

My status currently is F-1. I wanna open a small shop in Orange County, US. Is there anyway I can register?In case, I can not. I wanna ask my friend to have her name registered but to be sure, does a contract work on this situation? guarantee I wont get issue in future?Or My sis just had a temporary working status but she does not apply ssn yet. I dont wanna wait that long for apply, Can I let her sign contract with my friend?Any way does this kind of contract exist legally?
Generally speaking, anyone can own equity in a company or register a company in the US regardless of immigration status, however you can only work for the company if you have the correct work visa. Therefore as an F-1 one can be a shareholder / owner of a company but one cannot work for the company. Generally. an F-1 owner can employ others to work for the company provided they have are proper work authorization
So you can own the company and have your friend work for the company. To the extent that your sister's status permits her to work for such a company, she can too.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks very much, thats all I need
You are welcome. Please rate my answer. All the best
BizIPEsq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you